Mr. Sohail Nasir District & Sessions Judge (WEST), Islamabad
Mr. Sohail Nasir
Little About Me
1- Started practice as an advocate in 1987 at Rawalpindi.
2- Practiced specially on criminal side at district level.
3- Practiced on criminal, civil and constitutional sides in High Court.
4- Conducted large number of cases in Federal Shariat Court of Pakistan, Lahore High Court and Peshawar High Court.
Service record as Additional District & Sessions Judge.
Appointed as Additional District & Sessions Judge in 1999 after securing 2nd position in competitive examination and remained posted at: -
1- Rahim Yar Khan
4- Gojra &
Service record as District & Sessions Judge.
Promoted as District & Sessions Judge in 2006.
Positions and Place of postings.
1- Judge Anti-Terrorism Court Sargodha.
2- Registrar Islamabad High Court Islamabad.
3- D&SJ Mianwali.
4- D&SJ Gujranwala.
5- D&SJ Faisalabad.
6- D&SJ Attock.
7- D&SJ Lahore.
8- Judge Anti-Narcotics Court, Rawalpindi.
9- Registrar Lahore High Court Lahore.
10- Judge Consumer Court, Rawalpindi
11- Judge Anti-Corruption Court, Rawalpindi
12- Director General Punjab Judicial Academy, Lahore
13- Judge Accountability Court Rawalpindi
14- D&SJ Attock
15- D&SJ Rawalpindi
1. Best participant of 9th Pre-service training course of AD&SJs of Punjab.
2. Awarded special prize for best performance in 2000 and 2001 by Mr. Justice Falak Sher, the than Honourable Chief Justice of Lahore High Court in appreciation of exceptional performance with dedication, diligence and integrity.
3. Appreciated by Honorable Supreme Court of Pakistan while hearing the famous case of General ® Abdul Majid Malik by observing in open Court that “Salute to the Judicial Officer and judiciary needs such brave judges” and that “Hats off for the judicial officer”.
4. Declared as asset of Judiciary by Lahore High Court in annual report for the year 2008 for bringing the pendency of ATC Sargodha to nil.
5. Nominated as Master Trainer with the recommendations of Honorable Chief Justice of Peshawar High Court for the Judges of Consumer Courts of KPK.
6. Nominated as member of interview board in 2013 for appointment of 169 Civil Judges-cum-Magistrates in Punjab.
7. Worked as Senior Advisors (Training) Support to Punjab Prosecution Service in collaboration with Duetsche Gesellschaft fur International Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH (Germany) 28th and 29th November 2012 at Avari hotel Lahore.
8. Delivered first judgment in Pakistan on community services under the Probation Laws.
9. Permanent resource person of Federal Judicial Academy Islamabad since 2003, Punjab Judicial Academy Lahore since 2007 and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Judicial Academy, Peshawar.
10. Worked as Master Trainer for Prosecutors of KPK.
11. Worked as Master Trainer for Prosecutors of Punjab in Police Training College Chohung and Sihala.
12. Headed Model Court for Murder, Narcotics trial and civil appeals/revisions.
13. Pioneer of e-courts in Pakistan.
PARTICIPATION IN CONFERENCES/WORKSHOPS
1. Judicial Ethics organized by Lahore High Court on 20.11.2004 at Islamabad.
2. Colloquium on Intellectual Property at Singapore in 2012.
3. Prisoner Reform Conference organized by United Nations office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) on 28.08.2013 at Marriot Hotel Islamabad.
4. Conference on Strengthening Justice Delivery to the Poor: Options & Priorities held at PC Bhurban on 31.08.2012 by Federal Judicial Academy Islamabad.
5. One day workshop on Community Services During Probation on 01.07.2017 organized by Punjab Judicial Academy Lahore.
1. One Week Re-orientation Course for senior most District & Sessions Judges from all over Pakistan from 13th to 18th October, 2008 at Federal Judicial Academy Islamabad.
2. Technical Exchange Programme organized by Federal Judicial Academy in collaboration with National Judicial Institute, Ottawa Canada and CIDA, Pakistan from 30th March to 2nd April 2009.
1. UK–PAKISTAN Child Abduction Protocol held on 11-12th February 2011 in Collaboration with Federal Judicial Academy, British High Commission and SACH-Struggle for change at PC Lahore.
2. Paper on “Consumer Laws in Pakistan” in National Judicial Conference-2013, at Supreme Court of Pakistan Islamabad.
3. New idea of Community Services under Probation Laws of Pakistan.
4. Delivered special lectures on Juvenile Justice System Ordinance and Consumer Laws to Lawyers, Prosecutors, Judges and Police Officers.
5. Delivered lectures to Advocates, Prosecutors, Investigators, NAB Officers and Jail Superintendents.
6. Selected as first D&SJ to make presentation on NJPMC.